The biomechanics of feet are fascinating to Dr. Nejat, but what he loves most about being a podiatrist is being able to help patients feel more comfortable after just one visit.
After opening his original practice in New York City, Dr. Nejat returned to Los Angeles (his childhood home) in 2002. He is trained in conservative and surgical techniques, and provides customized treatment plans that suit a patient’s age, medical history and lifestyle.
During his free time, Dr. Nejat enjoys spending time with his family. He is also an avid cyclist, swimmer and golfer.
- Podiatric Surgical Residency (PSR), Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY — 1999
- Primary Podiatric Medical Residency (PPMR), Veterans Administration Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY — 1998
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM), New York College of Podiatric Medicine – 1997
- Biological Sciences at University of California, Irvine — 1992
- Licensed supplier of durable medical equipment
- Board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS*) — 2001 and re-certified in 2011
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS**) — 2001
- Commercial Regional Podiatry Advisory Board and Speaker, Valeant Pharmaceuticals — 2014 – Present
- Attends local and national educational seminars and conferences in all aspects of medicine and podiatry
- Past committee member of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Brotman Medical Center (now known as Southern California Hospital at Culver City)
- Takes a special interest in neurologic disorders, bracing and sports injury