The biomechanics of feet are fascinating to Dr. Nejat, but what he loves most about being a podiatrist is being able to help patients feel more comfortable after just one visit.
After opening his original practice in New York City, Dr. Nejat returned to Los Angeles (his childhood home) in 2002. He is trained in conservative and surgical techniques, and provides customized treatment plans that suit a patient’s age, medical history and lifestyle.
During his free time, Dr. Nejat enjoys spending time with his family. He is also an avid cyclist, swimmer and golfer.
- Podiatric Surgical Residency (PSR), Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY — 1999
- Primary Podiatric Medical Residency (PPMR), Veterans Administration Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY — 1998
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM), New York College of Podiatric Medicine – 1997
- Biological Sciences at University of California, Irvine — 1992
- Licensed supplier of durable medical equipment
- Board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS*) — 2001 and re-certified in 2011
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS**) — 2001
- Commercial Regional Podiatry Advisory Board and Speaker, Valeant Pharmaceuticals — 2014 – Present
- Attends local and national educational seminars and conferences in all aspects of medicine and podiatry
- Past committee member of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Brotman Medical Center (now known as Southern California Hospital at Culver City)
- Takes a special interest in neurologic disorders, bracing and sports injury
I can’t say enough about how wonderful this team has been! Crystal ALWAYS goes above and beyond from my initial assessment through my procedures. They are caring and efficient! I have so many fantastic things to say about this office. My main contact was Crystal, she would call me to remind me about my appointments, she would schedule an Uber for me the day of my procedure and then call me afterwards to see how I was doing. Talk about never having to worry about my Dr.'s experience. This office is hands down the best place ever..... I invite anyone who would need services they offer to choose them. From day 1 you will see the difference. I love the entire staff at this location. Staff is knowledgeable, the patient representatives Crystal and Tiffany are very helpful and attending, and the doctor certainly helped me with finding ways to manage my pain. What I found best about this facility is that they actually care about helping to find the underlying issues that are related to your pain and won't just write you off with a prescription for painkillers. With the ongoing crisis we're facing with opioids, I found it refreshing to see doctors actually want to help you deal with the pain you are having and not just prescribe you something that will cause more problems in the future. I love how often the employees check on you to see how you are doing, after the procedure and every week. The are always caring and compassionate to the needs of the patients that the care for. Kristal has been very helpful if I need a little TLC or need to get information. All the staff is very helpful and I appreciate them all very much. This is a very friendly place and they treat you with care. Really lovely people. Very clean office. And one of the things I look at. They really treated me with care. I was in and out in know time..Thank you guys. Your the best. I am truly impressed of the care I am getting. I have been in pain for quite a while and from the moment of my 1st appointment, they all have made me feel comfortable.I feel better already and the follow-up calls are really great to make sure that I am alright.Thank you! I have been a patient for over 1 year and it has been nothing but a great experience. The staff is fantastic from follow up calls post procedure to ensuring any assistance that I need to get to and from the clinic. The efforts of Kristal and Tiffany along with Makesh and Marilyn are part of a great organization. This great attitude is exhibited throughout the staff and I have to say comes from the Doctors' that provide service at the Center. Nothing but praise and some great coffee post procedure. This place is great! From a very clean, organized facility, to the outstanding staff, to the great doctors. I’m feeling 100% better since I first started coming here. They truly take care of their patients like family. So if you want to finally start feeling better, and get rid of your ailments, this is the place to go!